Carlos María Parés Madroñal
- Profesor asociado Universidad de Málaga 14/02/89 - 31/10/89
- Profesor titular interino Universidad de Málaga 01/11/89 - 21/11/91
- Profesor titular Universidad de Málaga 21/11/91 - 23/05/2010
- Full Professor (Catedrático de Universidad) at the University of Málaga since 2010.
- Founding member of the Mathematics-Industry Spanish Network. Member of the Managing board since 2012. Vice-president since 2014.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the SEMA-SIMAI Springer Series.
- Coordinator of Mathematics of the Spanish National Agency for Evaluation and Prospectives (ANEP): October 2011-December 2014.
- Chairman of the Computational and Applied Mathematics of ECCOMAS since May 2010 to September 2012.
- Member of the Managing Board of ECCOMAS May 2009 to December 2012.
- Member of the Managing Board of the Spanish Society of Applied Mathematics since September 2006 to September 2012.
- External scientific member of the Basque Centre for Applied Mathematics.
- Reviewer for more than 20 international journals of Numerical analysis, Applied and Computational Mathematics.
- Reviewer of grant proposals for the agencies ANEP (Spain), FONDECYT (Chile), Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), European Research Council, ETH Zurich, Sorbonne Paris Cité.
Awards and Honors:
- Extraordinary bachelor degree's award. Universidad de Málaga, 1986.
- Extraordinary doctoral award. Universidad de Málaga, 1989.
- Best paper award 2009 of the Spanish Society of Applied Mathematics to the article:On some difficulties of the numerical approximation of Nonconservative Hyperbolic Systems, C. Parés, M.L. Muñoz. Bol. SEMA 47, pp. 23-52, 2009.
- Univ. P. Et M. Curie (France), PhD. Student, 1985-86.
- I.N.R.I.A (Rocquencourt, France), PhD. Student, 1986-1988.
- I.N.R.I.A (Rocquencourt, France), visiting researcher, summer 1989.
- Director of the group EDANYA since 1997.
- Main researcher of the Andalusian Government research group FQM-216 since 2000.
- Responsible of the University of Málaga's node of the ITN Modelling and
- Computation of Shocks and Interfaces (ModCompShock) funded by the EU (program H2020-MSCA- ITN-2014).
- Main researcher of the Spanish Government projects MAR97-1055- C02-00 (1997-2000), REN2000-1168- C02-00 (2000-2003), BFM2003-07530- C02-02 (2003-2006), MTM2006-08075 (2006-2009), MTM2009-11923 (2009-2012). Co-responsible (with M.J. Castro) of the project MTM2015-70490- C2-1- R.
- Main researcher of the Andalusian Government Excellence Projects P06-RNM- 01594 (2006-2009) and P11-FQM8179 (2011-2017).
- Coordinator of the French-Spanish Integrated Actions HF94-120 (1994) and HF95-0289 (1995) (French coordinator: Vivette Girault, Univ. Paris VI).
- Coordinator of the Italian-Spanish Integrated Action HI2008-0122 (2008-2010) (Italian coordinator: Giovanni Russo, Univ. Catania).