Studying a Non-Official Degree

After content title
Before content body
  1. Who can access the non-official degrees for University Expert, University Specialist and Advanced Vocational Training?

    In order to access any of these postgraduate programmes, candidates need to have a higher education degree, either an associate or a bachelor’s degree. If a student does not have said degree and still needs to complete a maximum of 60 ECTS in order to have it, they shall request an authorisation from the Academic Director when signing up. However, the non-official degree will not be issued until the student certifies the completion of their higher education degree.

    Candidates who certify that they have sufficient knowledge or significant professional experience in the field of activity related to the course, will be exempted from presenting said degree. However, they will need a report from the director of the postgraduate certificate in question.

    As far as foreign degrees are concerned, candidates do not need to recognise their academic titles in order to access postgraduate certificates. They do need, however, an authorisation from the Comisión de Títulos Propios [Commission of Non-Official Degrees], as well as a certification that their training level matches that of university degrees in Spain and allows them to access postgraduate programmes in their country. However, accessing the programme by this means does not entail in any case the recognition of the foreign title and does not allow for anything other than attending these postgraduate programmes.

  2. How do I sign up?

    The process starts by accessing the platform for Non-Official Degrees on the website of the University of Málaga. (

    First, click on “Students” and then on “Pre-registration and Enrolment” You will need to sign up as a user in order to complete the pre-registration.

    Second, follow the instructions given by the platform to send the pre-registration form. Your application will be confirmed by the director of the postgraduate programme. Once the student is admitted, they can register.

    It is very important to upload all the required documents.

  3. Can I divide the payment of my tuition?

    It is the Málaga division of the IAIC who fixes the public prices for their courses.

    Payment can be divided in two. They must be done on the dates indicated on the registration calendar. Payment can only be divided when the total amount exceeds 300€.

    A breach of the foregoing shall result in the automatic avoidance of the registration. In addition, the student will not be paid back. If the second payment is not done in time, the student will lose their right to divide the tuition in following years.

    The distribution of those payments is as follows:

    • First payment will be 60% of the public prices established for the courses
    • Second payment will be remaining 40%


  4. In which cases can registration be avoided, and money paid back?

    A)   When the course is finally not taught

    B)    When the candidate is not accepted

    C)    When there is a significant change in the calendar of the course

    D)    When the student cannot attend the course for a serious illness, certified by a doctor, or because they have moved out of the certified address and they no longer live in the region of Málaga. These cases do not apply to on-line teaching.

    The requests for a payback shall be filed in the Registro General de la Universidad [General Register of the University], addressed to the director of the Málaga division of the IAIC, and they need to be accompanied by the bank receipt of the registration and by the documents that certify said request.

  6.  How many places are reserved for students with disabilities?

    Every postgraduate certificate taught in the Málaga division of the IAIC, except for those established through a specific agreement or as a response to the demand of companies or institutions, shall reserve 3% of available seats for students with a degree of disability of 33% or more.

  7. Marks

    Marks shall be given by the director once they have received all the results from every professor who has taught a course or subject. Then, a single document with the final average mark shall be sent to the Servicio de Titulaciones Propias [Non-Official Degrees Service] so as to issue the appropriate certificate.

  8. How can I file a complaint about my marks?

    Firstly, and before filing a complaint, the student must meet with the professor to revise the exam and dispel any doubts about their mark.

    If there is still a disagreement concerning the mark, next step is to file a complaint to the Comisión de Títulos Propios [Non-Official Degrees Commission]. If afterwards there were still a disagreement, an appeal could be lodged to the Dean of the University.

    Students shall have a period of one month to appeal against the resolution from the moment they receive the notification. The deadline to adopt and notify a resolution shall be three months. From then on, the appeal may be considered rejected.

  9. How can I get the degree?

    Those who have met the requirements established on the Syllabus shall collect their degree during the next three months after all official marks have been presented to the administration of the Málaga division of the IAIC.

  10. Where can I collect it?

    Degrees shall be handed over in the administration of the Málaga division of the IAIC.

  11. How much does it cost to get it?

    Degrees are free, as their price is already included in the tuition.

After content body