Research Interests - Applied Economics
These are the main lines of research carried out by the Department of Economic Structure, focusing on the field of Applied Economics:
• Regional economic convergence and indicators of quality of life.
• Shortage of qualifications, productivity and wages in the hospitality industry.
• Tourism and the environment.
• Educational and occupational mismatch in the labour market.
• Labour productivity and human capital.
• Wage discrimination from a gender perspective.
• Participation decision in tourism demand, destination choice and tourism expenditure.
• Household income, consumption and savings.
• Efficiency and productivity.
• Natural resources.
• Experimental economics.
• Input-output tables.
• Social accounting matrices.
• International trade.