All registrations are personal and non-transferable. Please read the general registration requirements to enrol on our courses and programmes in sections 1 to 9 of the following conditions:
Students must be 16 years old or over.
2. Registration options.
Registration consists of a place reservation fee and enrolment fee. The registration fee (place reservation and enrolment) must be paid in full before the beginning of the chosen course or programme.
3. Registration payment.
Students can choose from two different payment options:
A) Two-stage payment:
- Place reservation fee: 20% of the registration fee.
- Enrolment: 80% of the registration fee. It must be paid 10 days before the start of the course.
B) Total payment:
The total amount of the registration fees must be paid. Only this payment option will be accepted for the DELE Linguistic preparation Course, Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language Course, Erasmus and exchange students’ course and Course of methodological and cultural immersion for teachers of Spanish as a second language. It must be paid 10 days before the start of the course.
4. Payment method.
In either of the two enrolment modalities, payments will be made to the following bank account:
O.P.I.: Alameda Principal nº 12, 29005, Málaga, España
Payee: Fundación General de la Universidad de Málaga, Centro Internacional de Español
Account number: 0049 5204 50 2618591861
Swift code (BIC): BSCHESMM
The receipt must state the name of the student and the registration period. Payments can be made by:
- Bank transfer, free of charge. The payment or transfer receipt must state the name of the student and the registration period. Any additional bank charges that may arise when making the transfer will be claimed to the student at the beginning of the course.
- Cash payment at the bank.
- Payment by credit card, at the Secretary's Office of our Centre. Any bank charges that may arise with this method of payment will be borne by the student.
Students who have already paid the full registration fee or the place reservation fee must send the following documents to the Secretary's Office of Centro Internacional de Español de la Universidad de Málaga (Avda. de la Estación de El Palo, 4 — 29017 Málaga) or to firstname.lastname@example.org:
— Completed registration form
— A photocopy of the bank-transfer receipt
— A passport-sized photograph
— A photocopy of the Identity Card (European Union citizens) or Passport
The student will receive a confirmation of enrolment with information about the enrolled course.
In order to receive a student card, it is necessary to hand in a passport-sized photograph at the Secretary's office.
Place reservation fee (20% of the registration fees), will not be reimbursed under any circumstances. In order to be entitled to reimbursement for the enrolment fees (80% of the registration fee), students must inform the Secretary’s Office in writing of their intention to cancel the registration at least 20 calendar days prior to the beginning of the course, justifying the reason for the cancellation. There will be no reimbursement after that date. Any bank charges generated by the reimbursement of the enrolment fees are to be paid by the student.
The refund of the amounts paid will be made automatically in the following cases:
a) Failure to hold the course.
b) Non-admission of the student.
c) If the student is unable to attend the course due to serious illness, justified by a medical certificate.
7. Services included in the course fees.
- assistance and health insurance
- UMA student card (allows access to all university services: library, sports, etc.)
- access to VC
8. Level test.
- Face-to-face courses: On the first day of the course, after identification at the Secretary's office, students take a level test in order to be placed in the appropriate group.
- Online courses: students will receive a link to take the online level test prior to the start of the course.
9. Certifications included in the tuition fees
- Diploma of Achievement: University of Malaga's non-official degree. To obtain it, it is compulsory to attend at least 80% of the classes and pass the final level test. It includes ECTS credits that can be recognised in the student's home university, in the case of university students.
- If the student does not pass the final test or does not take the exam, he/she will obtain a certificate of attendance if he/she has attended at least 80% of the classes.
Certificates will be issued when the marks are final.