vision and commitment
The Doctoral School of the University of Málaga (ED-UMA) is the body in charge of the coordination of all PhD Programmes of the university, and is responsible for planning their associated activities.
VISION AND COMMITMENT
- The ED-UMA was established with a predominantly international dimension and in the spirit of collaboration with other organisations, centres, institutions and private centres.
- The ED-UMA shall act as an observatory in order to detect those areas where it is necessary to foster the training of doctorates.
- The ED-UMA shall promote the synergy and collaboration between its affiliated PhD Programmes.
- The ED-UMA shall support its graduates in their endeavour to be successful in the field of research and innovation and in the productive sector
- The ED-UMA shall have a strong commitment to high quality training.
- The ED-UMA shall establish a policy of scholarships and grants which favours the career advancement of the students with a research vocation.
- The ED-UMA will seek to ensure a leadership and the ideal critical mass of doctors and doctoral students in the fields of knowledge in which the University of Málaga is centred.
- The ED-UMA will encourage the professional development of the members of its PhD programmes (tutors and supervisors) whether that be through providing formal training or through sharing experiences with other tutors and supervisors. The development of a supervisory culture, equally shared between, tutors, PhD thesis supervisors and doctorates will be one of the main priorities of the school.
The Doctoral School of the University of Málaga is responsible for:
- Defining, coordinating and managing the teaching activities pertaining to the PhD programmes affiliated to it.
- Providing cross-cutting training mechanisms for these Programmes.
- Planning the offer of research training activities so as to guarantee that the research staff in training, gain the expected academic and professional knowledge and skills from their respective programmes.
- Organising research training activities, of interest to all, including seminars, talks, conferences, open days, industry workshops, international activities, etc.