Courses Schedules and Calendars

After content title
Before content body


Please find below the following instructions in order to download the teaching guide, schedules and rooms of courses:

 Language of instruction

As we mention in our International Guide, we do not require any certification or a determinate level of language, although students are expected to be able to follow lectures in Spanish. In accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, a B1 Spanish level is advisable.

Besides, those students who do not speak Spanish usually experience difficulties of communication during their stay in Malaga.

Spanish is the language of instruction of our institution, but there are some subjects offered in English. However, these are highly demanded since there is a limit of students per course. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that these courses will be available.

Please find here the List of subjects taught in English 2023/2024

UPDATED ON 19/07/2023


 Academic program


To find the academic program -teaching guides, number of ECTS credits, methodology and assessment system, etc.

  1. Go to the main menu of this website ( and click “Servicios”, then select “Ordenación Académica”. After that, you will have to click on “Programación Docente”.
  2. After that, choose “Programación Docente de Títulos de Grado”.
  3. Now that you have found “PROA”, you have to select your faculty, bachelor degree name and academic year (curso académico). Depending on your selection, you will find a different list of subjects.
  4. Select the subject on the left (in red color) and click on “Consultar la guía docente de la asignatura” (teaching guide of the selected course) on the left. You will find there the content of the course, number of credits (always ECTS), methodology and assessment system.


 Schedules & Calendars


To find the timetables and calendars

  1. Go to the main page and click “Conoce la UMA” on the main menu. Then click on “Centros”.
  2. Choose your faculty.
  3. You will find a different main menu and you have to select “Calendario” or “Horarios” to find class schedules, starting dates and calendars.
  4. Different groups will be included on timetables. Exchange students will be able to choose the group, prior consent of the professors.

Each faculty or school has its own calendar and timetable, for that reason the secretary's office of each faculty is in charge of publishing that information at UMA website. 



 Assignation of Groups & Turns

If there are more than one group or turn in your courses, these will be assigned by the Secretary of the Faculty after correctly completing the confirmation of enrolment. In case that you would like to ask for a specific group or for a change of group, you may contactthe Secretary of the faculty where the course is taught.

Contact details of secretaries can be found in the website of each faculty/school: 


 Postgraduate studies 

 Only for Erasmus+ students

Postgraduate Studies (Master and PhD) at UMA will only be possible for incoming students if this option is included in the Bilateral Agreement with home institution. In this case, exchange students could only select master courses from the main faculty. 


 Restrictions and rules  

 Established by UMA

  • Incoming exchange students are obliged to choose, at least, 50% of the courses from the main faculty where they have been nominated by their home institution (relative to the Field of Study included in the Erasmus Bilateral Agreement signed between institutions). The other 50% of courses can be selected from a different faculty. Any doubts should be clarified at the home university before the selection of candidates.
  • There is limited number of students per course, therefore please consider different options  in order to have more possibilities
  • For Medicine students: it will not be possible to enroll in any course of 6th year (rotatorios).
  • Incoming foreign students who are going to carry out external internships in hospitals, schools, etc., must bring from the countries where they are nationals (if they have dual citizenship, from both countries), a negative certificate from the Central Registry of Sexual Offenders, or a criminal record, and failing that, a consular certificate of good standing.

After content body