UMA's OTRI processes contracts and agreements, until the date of signing and entry into force, established between university research groups and companies.
The main services provided during this process comprise:
- Attend to the offer and demand of partnerhips between research groups and companies as well as manage these until the signing date
- Adivse the faculty on:
- Contracting procedures and supporting documentation.
- Development of company budgets
- Contract types and relevant clauses (confidentiality, publication, industrial property rights and exploitation of results)
- Drawing up contracts, review and correct those drafted by teachers or companies, and negotiate the terms and conditions with companies.
- Contract administrative procedures and corrections where applicable
- Company billing of the amount and on the date established by the contract/agreement.
- Processing the appointment of students as fellows under the contract/agremment.
- Lastly, financial matters are handled by the University's Department of Finance.