OTRI manages UMA's industrial property of research results achieved by its research staff within the domain of the teaching and research functions.
The main services provided are:
- Advise UMA researchers on industrial and intellectual property rights.
- Negotiate, draw up, and revise joint patent contracts.
- Negotiate, draw up, and revise license agreement for patent use.
- Negotiate, draw up, and revise agreement clauses on industrial and intellectual property rights under University-Business partnership contracts and EU projects.
- Carry out research or draw up reports on patentability.
- Elaborate, process, and monitor applications for patents of which the University of Málaga is the sole or joint proprietor.